Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Blair Family

So Hannah e-mails me on Thursday (30th) showing me a pic her friend took and wanted tips on how she could achieve the same thing. Weeeeeeeeellllll, a while back I told Hannah I wanted to take photos of her boys when we got some time and decent weather. So spur of the moment we made a date for Saturday to do her boys and some family ones. I knew I could do a good job but come Saturday, I still had butterflies in my stomach over the whole thing. I'm not a professional photographer but I do love taking photos. I could definitely handle doing it as a part time job. And for me, photos should be relaxing and for parents it shouldn't be a big stress. I have found too many times with mine at photo shoots, there's too much pressure for a good photo. That's why I am loving the digital age! I'm more an outside phototaker as well. I do inside photos but I haven't mastered light yet and I feel the outside just lends itself to you for color and light. It's just great! Hannah worried about her backyard but I told her I could work with anything and I think I did! I'm very happy with what was achieved on the day and Hannah is too. I like to make the time quick and painless and Hannah was shocked at how quickly it went. So without any further hesitation, here are my faves. There were many I loved but didn't want to put them all up plus I'll give Hannah a chance to showcase her faves as I'm sure she has a few special ones.










This one is my all time favorite shot for the family. Their house is a cool blue color that reminds me of the beach so it made the perfect background. I got a bit over zealous and put too much angle on it but can totally see it matted and professionally framed hanging on their wall at home.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You KNOW how much I love them ALL, Christi!!! We both love them. The kids wanted to look again when I was putting them on the computer ;-) We had a really time time doing the photo shoot, too. You were great!! I have the really hard job now of choosing just a few for the Christmas pressies!!
Thank you SOOOOO much!!! xxx